Build your own Airplay Speaker using Raspberry Pi: Airplay streams your favorite music wireless to your speakers from your phone. But Airplay compatible speakers are very high in price. If you don’t want to pay for Apple products Raspberry Pi does a solution for you.
zwuckl made a Raspberry Pi powered raspALRy speaker solution. He used parts like a couple of resistors, switches, and a Broadband speaker.
What You’ll Need
- RaspberryPi Model B with SD Card
- Supported USB WiFi Adapter, like my LogiLink Nano Adapter
- 220V AC to 5V DC power supply
- 3,5W Mono Amplifier, in my case a Kemo M031N
- Broadband speaker
- White LED, 5mm
- 250 x 250 mm speaker cloth
- 1500 x 200 x 5 mm Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF)
- Screwdriver and screws
- Soldering iron and solder