When it comes to listening audio on system with headphones, you definitely feel unsatisfied. Analog is the original recording signal of the audio which represents as a continuous signal of physical measurement.
Where as digital formats like MP3, FLAC, AIFF and WAV are regular audio formats normally we use in our PC, tablets, iPods and Smartphones. But all these formats are discrete time signals generated by digital modulation and compressed formats to reduce file size. Result the digital audio formats some how produce less quality sound when compared to analog quality.
A good DAC can change the listening quality of your music by converting digital signal into analog. You can experience a great change in quality of music listening on PC using Headphones.
WA7 Fireflies Overview
WooAudio WA7 Fireflies is a good DAC available in the market. It is made with high-performance power supply with pure tube design without using semi conductors. It is very compatible and portable to use, it is a five-inch cube-shaped desktop amplifier with built in 32-Bit/192kHz USB digital to analog converter.
It comes with two headphone outputs 6.3mm jack and traditional 3.5mm jack. The output audio quality is tremendous, base and treble were crystal clear. You can connect PC, Laptops, Tablets, iPods and Smartphones to WA7. Using Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies you can unleash the full power of your headphones.
Your ears can’t resist to away from WA7, because it is a addiction to your ears.
Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies Features
- Handmade output transformer with Nickel Alloy core
- 32-Bit, 192kHz high resolution playback
- Ultra-low jitter USB 2.0 runs on Asynchronous mode
- High and low impedance output facilitated via toggle switch on back panel
- Open load protection will automatically engage to prevent the amp from damaging when no headphones are plugged in
- Multi-functional switch for USB input, RCA input, and RCA output via D-A.
- The RCA connectors can be used either as RCA analog inputs or USB DAC preamp outputs
- All-aluminum chassis with no screws visible from any viewing angles
- High clarity tube protection glass
- Multi-layer military grade PCBs
- Customized driver for Windows Vista/XP/7/8
- USB Audio Class 2.0 is natively supported by Apple OS X version 10.6.4 and above without installing driver
- Single-ended, class-A, transformers output
- Linear external high-performance power supply (remote-controlled power switching)
- Two 6C45 driver/power tubes
- C-Media 6631 USB chip
- TI PCM5102A 32-bit DAC chip
- Headphones impedance : 8-600 Ohms
- Input impedance: 100 Kilo-Ohms
- Sampling rate: up to 32-Bit, 192kHz
- Inputs: 1 Asynchronous USB2.0, 1 RCA
- Outputs: 1 1/4″ and 1 1/8″ headphone outputs, 1 RCA (same connector as the input)
- Max output: approx 1 watt @ 32 ohms
- Frequency response: 11Hz to 27kHz, +/-0.5dB
- Distortion: <0.03%
- S/N: 95dB
- Power consumption: 25W max
- Mains supply: 100-120V, 220-240V, 50/60Hz, user selectable
- Finish: Anodized aluminum
- DC cord length: 4.25 ft or 1.3 m
- Dimension: AMP: 4.8″ L x 4.8″ W x 5.1″ H with glass
- PSU: 7″ L x 3.5″ W x 2.2″ H
- Weight: AMP – 5.3 lbs / 2.4kg, Glass – 3.3 lbs / 1.5kg
- PSU – 2.8 lbs / 1.4kg