A New Google Nexus 7 2 Review
A new model of Nexus will be released in September, 13. The previous version was considered by the experts as the best tablet using Android OS, and the upcoming version is likely to be considered the same. It’s improved and of no doubt be highly marked by the customers. But let’s get to the detail.
What drags your attention at the very first moment is that new Nexus is more ergonomic and weighs less than the previous. Its back side looks completely different: it became smooth and looks more elegant. When the device is switched off, the front surface is one-colored, that gives the tablet even more elegant and classy look. But, subjected to a crash test, the tablet shown its disadvantage: once dropped on the floor, it stopped working in spite of any visible damage. That’s the first thing in which the new model lost: it’s fragile and need careful handling. There’s no external storage via MicroSD, so the memory is limited. Also, some regret changing the back side, as they loved the original last model’s design.
- Based on Android, 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Tablet size: 200 х 114 х 8,65
- Memory: 2 GB, 16 of 32 GB of internal storage
- Connectivity includes WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, LTE.
- Ports available: micro-USB, a microphone, a headphone jack
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdrаgon S4 Pro. It’s easy to feel the advantage when it comes to games. A newer version is faster and smoother to scroll. The extra GB of memory also has its impact.
- Battery life: 9 hours (1-2 hours longer than previous). If not used active for gaming or watching movies non-stop, it can work for three days without recharging. You can browse the web, read, watch videos etc.
- The keyboard is the same as the previous model’s. Full QWERTY, black background and gray letters.
- 1920×1200 screen resolution. Actually, there’s a lot of improved on it. At first, the palette of colors became 30% wider. A big step was made in increasing the sharpness and brightness, and it drags attention in comparison with the previous model. It becomes a big plus when it comes to video. The resolution is fantastical, and image is of a very high quality that can impress those who doesn’t have Nexus yet.
- Speaking about the video, the headphones are quite powerful enough to support such video with a proper sound, because the second speaker was added.
- Camera. The past nexus had only front-facing camera. Now there are already two in your disposal: a 1,2 megapixel front facing one, and additional 5-megapixel rear-faced. The pictures can present a good color balance and sharpness.
- Performance is also good. The switching between the apps and scrolling in the browser is smooth and comfortable.
So, here are the main points about an upcoming tablet. Due to some disadvantage, it anyway is expected to be very popular due to its outstanding capability. The price will be £199 ($310) for 16GB version and £239 ($372) for the 32GB.