In coming weeks Google will roll out Android KitKat 4.4 update to Nexus 4 and 7. If you are eager to try before the actual launch, install the Android 4.4 custom ROM on your Nexus 4 and 7. Installing custom ROM may peel your warranty, make sure to backup your device before installing KitKat.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Thetechhacker will not be responsible if your device gets damaged during the process.
- Google Nexus 4
- Custom ROM.
How to install Android KitKat 4.4 On Nexus 4
- First download the custom ROM here.
- Copy the downloaded file to your Nexus 4 internal storage.
- Power off the phone and put the phone in recovery mode by holding volume and power buttons at the same time.
- Move down to recovery mode and select the Bckup&Restore option and follow the on-device instructions.
- Now go to Wipe Data / Factory Reset option and follow the on-device instructions until the reset is done.
- Go to wipe cache partition and follow the instructions.
- Go to the Advanced section and select “wipe Dalvik Cache” and follow the instructions.
- Now go to the Zip > Install Zip from sd card > 0/ and then select the ROM file in internal memory.
- Reboot the device, it will take some time to boot for the first time after latest OS installation.
Now you have an Android KitKat 4.4 running Nexus 4.