Budget friendly Android devices don’t support high end games. But the developers develop new apps suitable for latest high end smartphones and tablets. What would you do if you want to play latest high resource intensive game on low end device?
Simply install GLTools on your low end device. GLTools lets you to play all latest games on low end Android devices. Using this tool you can set a custom resolution and rendering mode on a per app basis. Not only this it also allows you to change the GPU name for unsuitable Games. GLTools is a must have app for budget friendly phones to handle newest games with decent graphics quality. The app requires rooted devices in order to work. GLTools is available for both free and premium versions.
Features of GLTools
Change resolution and rendering bitness in any app, even if it doesn’t support that by default.
- Change GPU name and enjoy enhanced graphics even on a noname low-end GPU.
- Take full control over textures: now you can decompress/recompress them (even if your GPU doesn’t support that texture format) and resize. Note that decompression feature is available only if you’ll install a plugin (internet is required to do that)
- Optimize shaders on-the-fly for optimal performance (the same optimizer is used in Unity3D engine by default)
- Enable MSAA or CSAA in any app to improve graphics quality (make sure that your GPU supports that)
- Measure gained performance with a nice onscreen FPS counter (or you can output FPS information to Logcat if you are a pro)