Samsung recently launched its flagship device Galaxy S5 internationally. Before the the device hit the market XDA senior developer Chainfire released the rooting guide for Samsung Galaxy S5 with CF Auto Root method.
The rooting procedure for Samsung Galaxy S5 is much similar to the old CF Auto Root. The CF-Root already rooted the many Samsung devices like Galaxy S1, S2, S4, Galaxy Note, Note2 and Note 3.
Disclaimer: Follow this guide at your own risk. Thetechhacker will not be responsible if your phone gets bricked during the process. Rooting method voids warranty of your device. Using this root increases your flash counter and trips the KNOX warranty flag.
Rooting Guide for Samsung Galaxy S5
- Download and extract the CF Auto Root files on the desktop.
- Open the ODIN from the extracted files.
- Now click on the PDA button nad select the file CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.tar.
- Now turn your phone into download mode by powering off+pressing volume down button+Home+power buttons together.
- Connect the phone to your computer using original USB cable.
- Now click the start button on ODIN, rest of the process is done by the program. Don’t disconnect the device from PC during the rooting process.
- Upon reboot the device will be rooted successfully.
source XDA Developer’s.