Whether your business is already an established one or it is in the start-up phases, web presence is of utmost important. To make of your presence prominent, you need to have a website that attracts clients. Building a theme, and lying out of design are often considered being the important steps of building any website, but you need to make sure that the design has a competitive edge over your competitors. There are few parameters that need to consider while designing a website. Factors like how to attract the target audience, best practices or services that you need to portray, and whether there is adequate information regarding their services, determines the design and layout of the website.
Know your audience and competitors well
Internet serves as the one-size-fit-all-solution, when it comes to catering information. Prior to designing your website, you need to know the competitive positioning of the website, which refers to the process that determines the difference between your site and that of your competitors. Few small steps that you can take to make your website different from the others are
- First determine the need of your website, your target audience and also what you want to achieve through the website.
- Know your competitors well; assess the means through which they attract the users. A thorough research on how the competitors portray their company through the website and blog can be of great help.
- To stand out from the others, it is important for users to trace your website, so the use of relevant keyword is important. Use the keywords that will have a positive impact on the SEO campaign.
- You can provide the information as well as tips through the website and different social networking sites.
- It is important to know the need and want of the users, whether they want the latest designs or they want a design with an element of nostalgia.
- While designing the website, make the home page of the website is compelling and make sure that it should be easily understood by the audience and keep them glued to the site.
- A call-to- action button enables visitors to take different actions. Big and bright colored buttons urge visitors to take actions, like signing up with the site, navigate to other pages or subscribe to their services.
- To enable the visitors to explore the website, the navigation bar of the website should be legible so that you can move forward or back easily.
- There are different tools that help to assess the length of the page till which the users scroll down. So, make sure that the web page does not scroll down endlessly. You can place the intended message in the top of the page.
- Keep the text, that you use in the site, simple. Users are generally not interested to go through a long text rather an information-rich one, so use of graphics is also helpful in this regard. Images, graphs and other presentations make the message memorable.
- User of color and appropriate typography are also important. Use the graphics that suit the brand or company. Keep in mind that readers react positively to the visual representations than texts.
- Testing the efficiency of your site is important. In spite of all the research work and excellent designing, it might not work, once it has been implemented. So test it on a regular basis and point out the flaws, if any.
To make your website a unique one, you need to undertake regular changes. You can improve the design and layout of the website based on different feedback. Assess the feedbacks, and implement those if they are viable and have the probability of standing out from the rest.