Everyone know that Samsung Galaxy S2 is second grand entry in the Galaxy S world. Now the Galaxy S2 can be updated with latest version of Android KitKat 4.4.2. It is developed under AOSB project and not from Samsung.
Create a backup of your phone using Samsung default phone management tool KIES or third party tools like Wondershare MobileTrans.
This KitKat 4.4.2 update works only on factory unlocked devices. Also your needs to be rooted to apply the custom ROM software.
First go to settings and enable debugging. Settings->Applications->USB Debugging”
- Download the KitKat 4.4.2 Android firmware file and Google Apps Package and save it on your desktop.
- Now connect phone to your computer and copy the downloaded zip files in your device.
- Turn off your device and enter into the recovery mode by pressing volume up+home key buttons along with pressing power button to switch on.
- Now the phone enters into recovery mode, here in the recovery mode select “Install zip from SD card”. Now locate and choose the copied zip files on your device. After firmware is updated select “Go Back” and select reboot system now.
- It will take some time to applying the update. After the successful update you see the latest home screen on your device.
[alert]Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Thetechhacker will not be liable if your device gets damaged during the process.[/alert]