Samsung is a popular manufacturer of smartphones and tablets. One of the popular tablet from Samsung is Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110, which is a 8 inch tablet with a stylus. For the owners of Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 XXDNF1 Android 4.4.2 firmware is now available. Want to install XXDNF1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware on your device? just follow this simple guide.
[alert]Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Thetechhacker will not be responsible if your device gets damaged during the process.[/alert]
- First backup all your contacts, call logs and SMS.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging in your device.
Guide to install XXDNF1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware on Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110
1.First download Android 4.4.2 N5110XXDNF1 and ODIN on your desktop.
2.Power off your device and go to download mode by pressing holding volume up+power button together till you see the Android robot and press power again to enter into download mode.
3.Now open ODIN on your computer and connect your device to computer.
4.If your tablet is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number.
5.Select the files that you have to install on your tablet.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
6.Now in ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. And for the Re-Partition option, check it only if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
7.After completing all the above steps now click on the start button in ODIN. The installation process will take some time to complete.
8.Restart your device after installation completes and enjoy the latest firmware on your device.
For the confirmation go to Settings>>About tablet to verify the firmware update.