The Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F is packed with features like Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, Fingerprint sensor and 16 MP, 5312 x 2988 pixels camera. If you are proud owner of this super smartphone and looking to install KitKat on your device, this guide definitely helpful for you. This new update brings bug fixes and performance improvements. Follow this simple guide and learn how to install XXU1ANE4 Android 4.4.2 official firmware on Galaxy S5 G900F.
[alert]Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Thetechhacker will not be responsible if your device gets damaged during the process.[/alert]
- First backup all your contacts, call logs and SMS.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging in your device.
- Use the latest version of ODIN.
1.Download Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANE4 Firmware and ODIN on your desktop.
2.Power off your device and open it into download mode by pressing and holding volume down+power buttons together.
3.After pressing buttons the device shows the Samsung logo or the Android Robo, Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
5.Now open ODIN on your computer and connect Galaxy S5 G900F to your computer while the tablet is in the Download Mode.
6.If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number.
7.Now choose downloaded files to install on your phone.
- Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
- Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
8.In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options, now click on the start button in ODIN to start the installation procedure. (Check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.)
9.After successful flash/install the firmware the device will restart. Unplug the phone from your computer.
For the confirmation go to Settings>>About phone to verify the firmware update.