Android 5.0 Lollipop is already released for Nexus devices. Nexus 9 is coming with Android 5.0 Lollipop pre-installed. The official factory image of Nexus 9 Android 5.0 LRX21L can be downloaded from Google. If you want to root or install custom ROM on your device if anything went wrong this factory image helpful to restore its original state.
Must read: How To Unlock Nexus 9 Bootloader
This tutorial will help you to install Android 5.0 LRX21L Lollipop factory image on your Nexus 9.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Thetechhacker will not be responsible if your device gets damaged during the process.
- First backup all your contacts, call logs and SMS.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging in your device.
- Install latest Nexus 9 drives on your computer.
How To Update Nexus 9 To Android 5.0 LRX21L Lollipop Factory Image-Guide
- First download the Android 5.0 LRX21L Lollipop Factory Image on your computer and extract using 7zip on your desktop.
- Now enter into download mode by pressing and holding volume up+power buttons together.
- After pressing buttons the device shows the fastboot menu.
- Now go to the extracted files on your computer LRX21L and then copy/paste all the files to your Fastboot directory.
- From the fastboot directory perform the process depending on your operating system.
- Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
- Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”
- After successful flash/install the firmware the device will restart. Unplug the device your computer. It usually take 5 min time to boot after the firmware update.
- For the confirmation go to Settings > About tablet to verify the firmware update.