Now almost all Nexus devices are receiving Lollipop update. Now the Nexus 7 2013 owners can flash their device with Android 5.0 LRX21P Lollipop update. Google will be rolling out this update via OTA,but if you are eager ti install before OTA, follow our guide to learn how to update Nexus 7 2013 to Android 5.0 LRX21P Lollipop firmware.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Thetechhacker will not be responsible if your device gets damaged during the process.
- First backup all your contacts, call logs and SMS.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging in your device.
How To Update Nexus 7 2013 To Android 5.0 LRX21P Lollipop Firmware
- Download the Android Android 5.0 LRX21P Lollipop firmware on your PC.
- Download Android 5.0 Image for Nexus 7 2013 (WiFi).
- Download Android 5.0 Image for Nexus 7 2013 (GSM) — Available soon.
- Now connect your Nexus 7 to your computer and make sure Fastboot is configured on your computer.
- Turn off the tablet and get into the bootloader mode on your device by pressing and holding the Volume up+Power button.
- Now extract the downloaded files and copy/paste files to razor-LRX21P folder to your Fastboot directory.
- From the Fastboot directory run the following commands.
- Windows: Run the file “ ”.
- Mac: Run the file “ ” using Terminal.
- Linux: Run the file “ ”.
- It will take some time to flash stock image on your Nexus 7. After installation reboot the device.
- For the first time after update it might take 3 to 5 minutes time to boot.
- For the confirmation go to Settings > About tablet to verify the firmware update.