Export Notes software is a reliable solution to convert Lotus Notes (NSF) files to Outlook (PST) file. It allows migrating emails with attachments and other mailbox data from an NSF file. There is no need of Exchange Server and Domino Server installed in the system.
Here, we are going to know the features of the product, how it works, and the reasons to invest on it. Let’s have a quick look on the product:
Features Of The Software
- Converts NSF Files To PST Files: The software converts emails, contacts, calendars, task, and to do list from Lotus Notes to Outlook. Provision is given to select a particular item or a combination of items.
- Maintains Attachment And Meta Properties: Complete Meta data and the attachments are kept intact by the software. The attachments and Meta data are viewed exactly in the same way as they were present in the source file.
- Bulk Conversion To Live Exchange: Using technical and enterprise license of NSF to PST converter, database migration can be done in bulk. Using the software, the migration can be done directly from Lotus Notes to Live Exchange server.
- Email Filter To Customize Migration: The filter is applied between suitable date ranges in order to exclude emails between the specified dates. There is an option to skip deleted and sent items in order to decrease the consumption of time.
- Manages The Size Of The PST Files: Unicode PST files are created by the software. The file size is checked automatically by the software. As soon as the size of a PST file reaches 20 GB, new PST file is created to handle remaining data.
- Option To Filter And Export Calendar: Date wise filters can be applied to the calendar of Lotus Notes. NSF to PST converter excludes the calendar between the selected dates and exports the rest into an Outlook PST format.
Two Different Versions Of The Tool
- Free demo version: In order to understand the working of NSF to PST converter, free demo version can be downloaded from the official website. The trial version of the software can export only 16 items per folder of the NSF file to PST file.
- Licensed edition: The software is available in Corporate, Technician, and Enterprise license. Corporate license can be installed in one machine only; Technician license is used by multiple machines in an organization under the name of the organization and Enterprise license of the software can be used by different machines under the organization’s name at different geographical areas.
Working Of The NSF to PST Converter Software
Testing environment: Testing of the software using its demo version is shown here. The working of the demo version is same as that of the full version but will only export 16 items per folder.
STEP1: Download, install and open NSF to PST converter. You will find a Welcome window as shown below. Click on Export in order to start the processing.
STEP2: A window will open where you need to provide the NSF file from your system for processing. You can even browse for the NSF files in your system. On navigating to the NSF file, click on Open.
- You need to provide a healthy NSF file as the software does not convert the NSF file which is corrupted.
- Here, select the username.nsf file that contains calendars, emails, tasks, and journals.
STEP3: Select ‘Migrate Contacts into Single PST file’ option. This will merge the contacts of Notes into single PST file (else the tool will create a separate PST for names.nsf file). Click on the second browse button that will enable you to select names.nsf files.
STEP4: The software will display the path of the contact files as shown below. Select the NSF file and click on OK.
STEP5: Select MS Outlook version in which you want the NSF files to be converted and click on next in order to select other options.
STEP6: Select categories of the NSF files which you want to migrate to PST format.
STEP7: In email filter, select the appropriate options
- Received on Interval– This will help to define a time interval and the software will export the data between that period of time.
- Exclude Folders – You can exclude particular folders by simply writing the names of the folder separated by comma.
- Exclude Deleted Items – If you do not want the deleted items folder to be converted to PST, you can select the option exclude deleted items.
- Exclude Sent Items– If you do not want the sent items to be converted to PST, you can select the option exclude sent items.
STEP8: Move to advanced settings where you are provided with two options:
- HTML formatting- It allows you to maintain the HTML formatting of the files on converting from NSF to PST.
- Removes encryption – If there is message level encryption set for NSF file, selecting this option allows you to save encryption-free messages in Outlook PST.
STEP9: Apply ‘calendar filters’ and ‘to-do filters’ for the conversion of NSF files to PST. Doing so, you can convert specific data from NSF to PST.
STEP10: Click on ‘Export’ button, in order to start the conversion from NSF to PST.
STEP11: Select the destination address where you want to save the PST files in your computer.
NOTE:- The software provides you an option to create a new folder for the PST file from its panel.
STEP12: Click on Ok so that the software will convert the Lotus Notes file to PST and store at the destination address.
NOTE:– You can view the report generated by the software.
STEP13: Click on Ok in order to Exit.
NSF to PST converter is a simple tool using which conversion of NSF files to PST can be a matter of just a few mouse clicks. Surely, it’s worthy to invest on the tool. The personal license is available at just $149. Using the software, any number of files can be converted.