Going to FTP software’s FileZilla is one of the best free FTP program available today. It is a fast, effective and easy to use the application to help you transfer files to or from an FTP server.
If you designed a website and that too very big the only option you have to upload files is through FTP, you need to connect to your FTP site and you should drag and drop the files to upload.
Must read: Best FTP Clients For Mac
FileZilla is available for Mac OS X and to all versions of windows and Linux. In this article here is the review you need to know.
What is FileZilla?
It is a tool or a software that helps you to upload all the content of the website you designed or coded to your server. If you have one or two files then you can upload them directly with the browser uploader. You need not use any tool but if you have many files then you should tool like FileZilla and similar tools.
How does it work?
- Connect to the server using your credentials, the default port is 21 or you can change it.
- Drag and drop the files and they will be uploaded.
- The files are only uploaded one by one, there are no parallel transfers
- There is a log window where you can check the operations performed by the tool
- Any error can be checked over there, which displays in red color
- Each and every uploading file details like transfer rate, uploaded or failed. You can track every detail about the operations
- The first feature to consider, it is free.
- Configures automatically, but if you are using a proxy you can also configure that.
- You can set limit for upload and download transfers
- Failed, successful and queued transfers are shown in separate tabs.
- The connection will be closed if you keep software idle.
This tool is mostly useful for maximum business based websites because they won’t have much content. They will update their website very rarely but for big websites, big websites in the sense very big websites. This tool does not have the feature of parallel uploads. This will upload the files one by one so this will take much time if you have a big website and average speed of the net connection. Maybe in future updates, this feature might be added and we are also hoping that because this is one of the most used FTP tools in the world.