Now a days WiFi is everywhere and internet became one of the needs for life. If you are using normal routers for home like D-Link ADSL routers, very famous for dialed connections and for home networks.
Must read: Turn your Windows 8 PC into a WiFi Hotspot using Virtual Router Plus
Sometimes if you are working in our lawn or somewhere in the balcony with your mobile or any WiFi enabled device then if your device is not getting good signal then you have an option to expand your WiFi network without using any external costly software or any other WiFi booster device. If you have your laptop or desktop in your home with windows you can do that.
I am going to tell you how to create a hotspot or how to turn your PC into WiFi repeater without any software. It is very easy and I am going to explain it very clearly.
First of all you need to check whether your PC supports hosting or not. To check this.
Checking hosing support of your PC
• Open cmd in admin mode to do this
• Press [Win + X] and click on Command Prompt(Admin)
• Type netsh wlan show drivers
• Then check at hosted Network Support, if it is yes then you can create hotspot or else forget about hotspot creating in your PC.
Creating WiFi hotspot using Command Prompt cmd
• In notepad type
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=name key=password netsh wlan start hostednetwork
• Replace name with your wifi network name and key with your own password for you network and save it with bat extension like start wifi.bat
• Again open notepad and type
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
• Save this file as stop wifi.bat
Must read: How To Extend And Boost WiFi Signal Range?
• Now run start wifi.bat as administrator that’s it you are done and to stop it open stop wifi.bat. Make sure it is in administrator mode