Recently Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 got Lollipop taste with AOSP build custom ROM. This build includes customization features, improved performance and speed. If you are interested to update your Galaxy Nexus I9250 to Lollipop here is our full guide to update process.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Thetechhacker will not be responsible if your device gets damaged during the process.
- Power Clean-Optimize Cleaner-Android App Review
- How To Protect Your Android Phone From Being Hacked
- How To Unlock Android Phone Pattern Lock Without Losing Data
- First backup all your contacts, call logs and SMS.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging in your device.
- Install latest Galaxy Nexus I9250 drives on your computer.
AOSP Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM
- Updated to 5.0.2_r1 [LRX22G]
- Added Reboot and Airplane Mode under power menu.
- Geolocalization fixed. (It was fixed before, just an overlay mismatch problem.)
- Removed IccSmsIntergaceManager debug logs.
- Fixed a method signature on hardware_ti_omap4xxx repo.
- Enabled NON-PIE binaries.
- Switched PVR back in the Kernel.
How To Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 To Android 5.0.2 AOSP Lollipop Custom ROM
2.Now connect your Galaxy I9250 on your computer using the original USB cable.
3.Copy/paste the downloaded Android 5.0.2 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your SD card. Place files are in the SD card root.
4.Now turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable. Now to get in the Bootloader Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons.
5.Here select Bootloader and then go to RECOVERY. After entering in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Next perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
6.Now head over to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
7.Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. and go to the Android 5.0.2 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
For Google Apps repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
8.After the successful installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now”.
Now the phones will take at least 5 minutes time for the first boot after firmware update.
Now enjoy Lollipop taste on your Galaxy I9250 with AOSP Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM. To confirm firmware update go to Settings > About phone. Here you’ll see the installed Android version.