Chainfire’s CF Auto Root is the simplest and quick method root Android devices. Now it is the time for Nexus 6 to root with Chainfire Auto Root process. If you are the proud owner of Nexus 6 and want to root your device in a simple way read our full guide to proceed.
Rooting process requires unlocking Bootloader, for the Nexus 6 Android Lollipop you’ll have to enable the OEM unlock from developer options under settings.
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Android One Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader of Nexus 6 And Nexus 9
- What Is Bootloader On Android Device And Advantages & Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- First backup all your contacts, call logs and SMS.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging in your device.
- The device bootloader must be unlocked. Check Nexus 6 official site for more details.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids warranty, please follow this guide at your own risk. Thetechhacker will not be responsible if your device gets damaged during the process.
How To Root Nexus 6 With CF Auto Root By Chainfire-Simple Guide
- First, download Nexus 6 CF Auto root by Chainfire.
- Now unzip the CF-Auto-Root-shamu-shamu-nexus6.zip file on your desktop.
- Now reboot your device in ADB mode by pressing volume up+volume down and the power on your device.
- Now connect your Nexus 6 with computer and then run the script file root-windows.bat file from extracted files in Step 2.
- Follow on screen instruction for rooting the device, it will take some time to root and reboot after successful rooting.
To check your device successfully rooted or not install the Root Checker App from Google Play Store.