Now the owners of Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini can taste Android Lollipop with Andriod 5.1 CyanogenMod 12.1 custom ROM. This ROM is an unofficial release of the CM12.1, but it has all the Lollipop features enabled. It is not an official release from Samsung, for enthusiasts they can try their own experiment by reading our tutorial.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Thetechhacker will not be responsible if your device gets damaged during the process.
- First backup all your contacts, call logs and SMS.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging in your device.
How To Update Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 To Android 5.1 CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop Custom ROM
- Download Android 5.1 CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM and Google Apps on your PC.
- Now connect your Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 on your computer using the original USB cable.
- Copy/paste the downloaded Android 5.1 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your SD card. Place files are in the SD card root.
- Now turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable. Now to get in the Bootloader Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Power buttons together.
- Here on the device select Bootloader and then go to RECOVERY. After entering in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Next, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- Now head over to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. and go to the Android 5.1 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it.Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
For Google Apps repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
After the successful installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now”. Now the phones will take at least 5 minutes time for the first boot after firmware update.
Now enjoy Lollipop taste on your Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 with Android 5.1 Lollipop custom ROM. To confirm firmware update go to Settings > About phone. Here you’ll see the installed Android version.