As a powerful managing disks and partitions in Windows application, MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition boats multifunctionality, high reliability, wide compatibility and excellent operability.
MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition is the pioneer of free partition software. Unlike other free partition managers, MiniTool offers more powerful free functions on disk partition management to optimize your disk usage, and protect your data. It can be Extend or Shrink partition, convert disk type between MBR and GPT, Change File System, recover lost or deleted partition, align partition, Free Basic Disk Partition Management and so on, It supports Windows PC operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
The tool for home users there are several points when your computer operating system failure or crash, you can use the free version of boot start, it can also be operated with no operating system.
About The Highlight of the Disk Partition Tool
Clearly organized with all options in left window and most important ones are present on the top horizontal menu. The wizard section will help users step by step to complete desired tasks.
MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition provides users with two different ways to resize a disk partition.
- Using “Extend Partition” and “Move/Resize Partition”: Most of us may choose this way to change the size of a partition directly. As the name suggested, “Extend Partition” function is used to enlarge a partition while “Move/Resize Partition” function is suitable for reducing the size of a partition.
- Using “Split Partition”: A small number of users will think of reducing the size of partition through the splitting method. Admittedly, the operations required to carry out such work are relatively complex. But the software offers Tips at every step, making it easy for you to finish resizing easily.
If you want to make use of “Merge Partition” function to enlarge a partition, you will require other editions, as the free edition does not offer that functionality.
Compared to the traditional way of changing the partition size or repartitioning hard disks, the ways provided by MiniTool are safer and easier.
About MiniTool partition wizard 9.0 new function
- Migrate OS to SSD/HD without cloning the entire disk
- Perfectly support Storage Spaces in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Add detailed operating logs
- Update device information once it is connected
Improvements on Old Functions
- Unhide partition and Appoint drive letter in one go
- Merge partitions much more easily and safely
- Convert dynamic disk to basic disk more easily
- Be able to resize partitions when copying disk
- The bootable edition of MiniTool Partition Wizard support boot from UEFI
Though MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition has some defects compared with advanced editions, like professional edition, server edition, and enterprise edition, it can meet common user’s demands for disk and partition management most of the time. If users have problems with partition or disk, download Partition Wizard Home Edition to solve them now.