The Long wait is over for OnePlus One owners, now finally company released official Android Lollipop build custom Android Lollipop build OxygenOS. This tutorial involves all steps to install OxygenOS on your OnePlus One device.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Thetechhacker will not be responsible if your device gets damaged during the process.
- This update requires full device wipe, make sure to backup all your data, contacts, call logs and SMS.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging in your device.
- Make sure Fastboot and ADB installed on your PC.
Features of OxygenOS:
- Smart off-screen gestures
- Customizable lock screen
- Three fingers together to play music and much more.
How To Manual Update OnePlus One To Official OxygenOS – Detail Guide
- First download OxygenOS from official OnePlus One website.
- Next you need to flash a recovery onto your device, you can use TWRP and follow on screen instructions to flash recovery.
- Turn off the device and get into the bootloader mode on your device by pressing and holding the Volume up+Power button.
- Here from the Fastboot directory run the following commands.
Next, extract the downloaded OxygenOS to your phone.
- Now, enter into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume down+power buttons together.
- Here you need to factory reset your device, after resetting go to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card” and select your firmware package.
- After the successful installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now”.
Now the phones will take at least 5 minutes time for the first boot after the firmware update.
That’s it, now enjoy Android Lollipop flavor on your OnePlus One with OxygenOS.