After the evolution of online stores coupon sites also taking pace with them. Online shopping saves a lot of money when compared to traditional shopping. Upon adding a coupon code in online shopping, you can save more money. Anyone can easily create coupon site using WordPress CMS. As a WordPress fanboy, I’m suggesting WordPress over other CMS and traditional web building tools to build a coupon or daily deals site.
WordPress is one of the best CMS with fully customizable options. The user doesn’t require coding skills to build a site. This tutorial involves themes and plugin collection to build a simple, robust and user-friendly coupon site.
How To Create A Coupon Site In WordPress – Simple Tutorial
- In the first step, you need to select an affiliate, custom taxonomy, responsive, retina ready, SEO friendly theme for a coupon site.
- Luckily we have wonderful themes from Themeforest market.
- Select any one of the themes from above. A now you need to select a perfect web hosting service to serve your website all over the world without any hiccups. We recommend Bluehost as a hosting partner for your website. If you already have a hosting account in any other service now you can proceed to next step.
- After purchasing a theme and hosting account install WordPress and upload the theme.
- Now install required plugins like WordPress SEO by Yoast, Akismet, and essential security plugins to protect your site.
- Here comes best and most tough part, understanding the site options, customization’s and finding coupon codes. Settings and customization of WordPress theme vary from theme to theme.
If you already have a well built WordPress site you can create a coupon site by creating a sub-domain. Creating a site with subdomain has so many advantages, we will discuss further sub-domains in our next post.
Or if you want to create a coupon site with existing site without changing WordPress theme you can use plugins like Coupon Creator.