Unfortunately, Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update is not available for older Android devices. If you own a T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 and familiar with custom ROM term this tutorial helps you to install Android 5.1.1 Tesla Custom ROM on your device.
You can easily update T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 to Android 5.1.1 Tesla Custom ROM firmware using the tutorial below. The tutorial involves installing custom ROM and installing GApps.
Tesla Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM Feature
- RRO Layers
- Customizable QS Tiles
- Floating window with mode SlimRecents
- Slim’s Power Menu
- Slim’s Nav bar and Hardware keys configuration
- Animation Control
- App Circle Sidebar
- Lockscreen Weather
- Screen recorder settings
- Kernel Auditor built in
- First backup all your contacts, call logs, and SMS.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging in your device.
- Install latest HTC One M8 drives on your computer.
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Tesla Custom ROM On T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2
- Download Android 5.1.1 Tesla Custom ROM and Google Apps on your PC.
- Now connect your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 on your computer using the original USB cable.
- Copy/paste the downloaded Android 5.1.1 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your SD card. Place files are in the SD card root.
- Now turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable. Now to get in the Bootloader Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Here on the device select Bootloader and then go to RECOVERY. After entering in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Next perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- Now head over to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sd card”. and go to the Android 5.1.1 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
For Google Apps repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
- After the successful installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now”.
- Now the phones will take at least 5 minutes time for the first boot after the firmware update.
- Now enjoy Lollipop taste on your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 with Android 5.1.1 Tesla Custom ROM. To confirm firmware update go to Settings > About phone. Here you’ll see the installed Android version.