Samsung Galaxy S6 is a very popular and latest Android smartphone from Samsung. If you are looking to experiment with your device by installing feature packed RAM try PersonalROM. It is a new ROM for S6 Edge with a lot of custom features like Dolby Sound and custom drivers.
If you are a first timer to firmware updates this guide will help you to install the PersonalROM on your brand new Galaxy S6. Please note that the ROM is not an official ROM from Samsung.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Thetechhacker will not be responsible if your device gets damaged during the process.
- First backup all your contacts, call logs and SMS.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging in your device.
- Install latest Galaxy S6 Edge drives on your computer.
How To Install Android 5.1.1 PersonalROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925F
- Download the Android 5.1.1 PersonalROM Zip for Galaxy S6 Edge to your computer and extract files on the desktop.
- Now connect your Galaxy S6 Edge to your computer and transfer files to copy/paste the boot.img file in phone memory.
- Switch off your phone and get in the bootloader mode by turning on the phone by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Follow the on screen instructions select bootloader and then recovery.
- Here perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”, cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition” and also perform wipe dalvik cache.
- Now go to main screen and select “install” button. Navigate using volume keys and select the ROM in phone memory and select it using the Power button.
- By swiping on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option confirm the ROM installation.
- After installations go back and reboot the device “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
For the confirmation go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware update.