It is good to gain the Latest android 6.0 marshmallow os to your nexus 9. The official factory image has small necessary fixes and tweaks with the elegant design changes too. The previous versions had some buggies which make some interruptions to smooth device usage. But the new official firmware release has fixed all of them and applied some new tweaks to it. So, it worth an installation on your device. In this guide on ‘how to root nexus 9 on android 6.0.1 MMB29K Marshmallow official factory image’, we are giving complete step by step instructions to upgrade your firmware. So, carefully follow the steps below to get started.
- How to Root Nexus 7 on Android 6.0.1 MMB29K Marshmallow
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Pure Nexus Project Marshmallow on LG Nexus 4
Disclaimer: You want to take the complete responsibility of the whole process. Thetechhacker will not be responsible for any of the Damages to your phone during the process.
- Make sure to Backup all your Important Files, Apps contacts, call logs and SMS. Read our AndroidBackup guide.
- Make sure to charge your phone at least 80-85%. (If the battery Drops, It may badly affect the Phone). Know the exact battery status.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging. Read How to enable USB debugging mode on Android.
How to Root Nexus 9 on Android 6.0.1 MMB29K Marshmallow Official Factory Image
- To start the process, Download Android SDK and install. Also, set it up with downloading platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your Nexus 9.
- Download Fastboot from the following links depending on your OS and extract it in the android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory. Create directory if not already there.
For Windows: Download here
For Mac: Download here
For Linux: Download here
NOTE: If you already have those files, skip the above steps.
- Download SuperSU v2.60 (SuperSU-v2.60-20151205163135.zip) for Nexus 9 on your PC, if you haven’t already.
- Connect and mount your Nexus 9 USB memory on your computer using the USB connector.
- Then Copy / paste the SuperSU-v2.60-20151205163135.zip file to your SD card root folder.
- Now, turn OFF your tablet.
- Download TWRP 126.96.36.199 and save it to your android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer.
NOTE: You can use any of the two custom recoveries – CWM or TWRP. If one fails to work, try installing the other one and use that.
- Enter the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on Nexus 9 by pressing Volume Down + Power keys for a few seconds till you see some text on the screen.
- Navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt by holding Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command and press Enter. fastboot flash recovery twrp-188.8.131.52-flounder.img
- Once completed, choose RECOVERY from the Fastboot menu to enter Recovery Mode.
- In TWRP recovery, scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the power button to select it.
- Press the Power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Now using your volume keys, navigate to SuperSU-v2.60-20151205163135.zip and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
- After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the tablet by selecting the Reboot option from the recovery menu.
The tablet will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.Your Nexus 9 is now rooted on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware! Check for the SuperSU app in your apps list to verify.