AICP marshmallow Custom Firmware is ready to be installed on your LG Nexus 4. After the successful custom firmware releases, the AICP is now out for the LG Nexus device. This version also comes with so many bug fixes and it is a quite stable release of the Android 6.0 marshmallow with some latest features included. If you are really wanted to upgrade your current OS to the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow one, Follow this guide on How to install android 6.0.1 AICP marshmallow on LG Nexus 4.
- How to Root Nexus 7 on Android 6.0.1 MMB29K Marshmallow
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Pure Nexus Project Marshmallow on LG Nexus 4
Disclaimer: You want to take the complete responsibility of the whole process. Thetechhacker will not be responsible for any of the Damages to your phone during the process.
- Make sure to Backup all your Important Files, Apps contacts, call logs and SMS. Read our AndroidBackup guide.
- Make sure to charge your phone at least 80-85%. (If the battery Drops, It may badly affect the Phone). Know the exact battery status.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging. Read How to enable USB debugging mode on Android.
How to Install Android 6.0.1 AICP Marshmallow on LG Nexus 4
- To get started, Download Android 6.0.1 AICP ROM and Google Apps for your Nexus 4.
- Connect and mount your Nexus 4 USB memory on your computer using the USB connector.
- Copy/paste the downloaded Android 6.0.1 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your internal SD card’s Root folder.
- Turn OFF the phone and disconnect it from the USB connector.
- Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons to get into the bootloader mode.
- Carefully follow the navigation instructions on the screen.
- Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
- Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
- Also perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- It is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. To do this, From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 6.0.1 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button.
- Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
What about Google Apps
Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
- After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
It will take some time to boot up the device, so please wait while the device completely boot.
Your Nexus 4 should now have Android 6.0.1 AICP Marshmallow custom ROM installed. Go to Settings > About phone to verify it.