You have faced Unable to connect to proxy server error, That’s why you are here now. We all love to browse, But we don’t love to face any errors while browsing. The error in browsing is such an ant in our food. Then, what happens when an Error occurs? You will be definitely frustrated. Especially the “Unable to connect to proxy server error“ is such a big problem that breaks your browsing frequently. This is not such a serious problem to solve. If you can carefully follow the steps in this article on How to fix unable to connect to Proxy server Error, You will definitely find a solution to fix the problem and can browse without a Proxy buggy.
You may also like:
What is a Proxy Server?
Before the tweaks to fix the unable to connect to the proxy server error. You must be aware of What a Proxy server is?… If you know this already, please skip this section and continue reading.
Simply, the Proxy server is the intermediate between the client and the server. It is, While a client requests any service from a server, the Proxy server is the intermediate which makes it possible. If multiple clients are requesting something from the same server, the proxy server can provide the recent catch of the web page to the new requester or client. it extremely boosts the performance of the website. So, The proxy server can manage a huge number of clients at the same time. The proxy catch helps the websites to maintain it’s performance in very high usage conditions. Probably the high traffic websites face such problems, but the proxy catch can manage this to a great extent.
Why Unable to Connect to Proxy Server Error Occurs?
This error is a versatile one and is formed by multiple ways. Sometimes unwanted malicious programs or malicious extensions can cause this error. They act as a wall between the proxy server and the client and blocks the client from accessing the data on the server. But it may also due to our faults like a misconfiguration of Lan or WiFi settings.
You can kill this error by following the simple steps given below. If the first step doesn’t give the results, You can try the second one. Anyways you can definitely fix unable to connect to proxy server error.
How to Fix Unable to Connect to Proxy Server Error – Step by Step Instructions
- Open “Control Panel” and Go to the “Network and Internet” Option.
- Go to “Internet Options”
- Then Go to “Connection” Tab
- Click on “Lan Settings”
- The window might look like this.
- Check “Automatically detects settings” box and then Uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections)” box.
- After all of the steps above, Restart the web browser and again try to connect to the page.
Is the Problem still exist? Check the Step 5 again. If the Unchecked “Use a proxy server for your Lan” is rechecked automatically. There is still some more to do to solve the error. You want to follow the Phase 2 of this tutorial to fix the error.
- Reboot The PC in Safe mode.
- Open “Run” Command. To open the run command, Hold Win+R keys together
- Type “regedit” on the text box and hit “OK” button.
- Go to “[ HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > Current Version > Internet settings ]” in the regedit window for Internet Options
- Then delete all of the following Registry files:
- Migrate Proxy
- Proxy Override
- Proxy Enable
- Proxy Server
Note: If you can’t find all of them. Delete the existing ones in the internet options.
- Now restart your computer.
- Repeat all the steps in Phase 1 again to complete the fix.
If you done all of the above steps correctly, the problem would be solved now you can enjoy browsing without the unable to connect to the proxy server error. If the problem still exist and any other error messages pop up? Please let us know that through the comments, thus we can help you.