CM13 Nightly Custom ROM install the latest android 6.0 marshmallow OS on your Asus Nexus 7. The buggy fixes and the added features are the importance of this custom ROM. This is not an official release of the OS, but stable than the official versions. In this guide on how to install cm13 Nightly 6.0 marshmallow on Asus nexus 7, we guiding you through the whole process to upgrade your OS to the latest android marshmallow one with the fixes of all buggies found earlier. So, Carefully follow us throughout the process.
You May also check:
- How To Install Android 4.4.4 CM11 M8 Custom ROM On Sony Xperia Z1
- How To Install Android 5.1.1 CM12.1 Nightly Custom ROM Moto G 3rd Gen
- Be sure to Backup all your Important Files, Apps contacts, call logs and SMS. Read our AndroidBackup guide.
- Be sure to charge your phone at least 85%. (If the battery Drops during the installation procedure, It may badly affect the Phone). Know the exact battery status.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging. Read How to enable USB debugging mode on Android.
Disclaimer: Thetechhcaker will not be Responsible for any damages occurring to your device during the process. Be careful when doing all these steps. Carefully follow them to avoid any damages or misconfigurations. You may also take help from someone who is an expert in custom ROM installation.
How to Install CM13 Nightly 6.0 Marshmallow on ASUS Nexus 7
- To get started Download CM13 Nightly 6.0 ROM and Google Apps for your Nexus 7 smartphone.
- Then, Connect and mount your Nexus 7 USB memory on your computer using the USB connecting a cable.
- Copy and paste the downloaded 6.0 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your SD card’s root folder.
- Then, turn OFF your tablet and disconnect from the USB cable.
- Turn ON the tablet while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons and your phone will automatically get into the boot loader.
- Carefully follow the navigation instructions on the screen.
- Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
- Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, Perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
- Perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- It is recommended to perform a wipe of your Dalvik cache as well to avoid getting into any boot loops or any other errors. To do this, from CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe Dalvik cache”.
- Go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now, select “choose zip from sd card”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the 6.0 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button.
- Then, Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure will begin.
What about the Google apps?
Repeat the same steps given above for google apps also.
- Once the installation completed, go to “+++++Go Back+++++”
- Finally, Reboot the tablet by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
It will take some time to reboot the device. So, be patient until the device restarts.
Now, Your Nexus 7 is equipped with the CM13 Nightly 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM. Go to the Settings>About tablet to verify it yourself.