Cyanogen modes are very popular among the custom ROMs. You can try the latest android 6.0 marshmallow os on your Samsung galaxy S3. The most stable release for the Samsung galaxy s3 is coming with a number of new features and buggy fixes. The official release is not a good one. It contains some bugs which make some lags in the performance of the smartphone. So, in this guide on How to Install Android 6.0 CM13 Nightly Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300, we are guiding you through the full procedure to upgrade your OS to the latest android release.
You May also check:
- How to Install Resurrection Remix Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
- How to Install CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
- Be sure to Backup all your Important Files, Apps contacts, call logs and SMS. Read our AndroidBackup guide.
- Be sure to charge your phone at least 85%. (If the battery Drops during the installation procedure, It may badly affect the Phone). Know the exact battery status.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging. Read How to enable USB debugging mode on Android.
Disclaimer: Thetechhcaker will not be Responsible for any damages occurring to your device during the process. Be careful when doing all these steps.
How to Install Android 6.0 CM13 Nightly Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
- First of all, you want to Download Android 6.0 CM13 Nightly ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy S3 to your computer.
- Then, Connect and mount your Galaxy S3 USB memory on your computer using the USB connector.
- Copy and paste the downloaded Android 6.0 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to the Root folder of the SD card.
- Now, Turn OFF your phone and disconnect it from the USB cable.
- Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together to get into the Recovery mode.
- Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, Perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button to select anything while in the Recovery Mode.
- Perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- It is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. To do this, From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Now, Go back to the main recovery screen
- Select “install zip from SD card”.
- Then, select “choose zip from sdcard”. By using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 6.0 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button.
- Then, Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.Google Apps?
- Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
- After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++”.
- Then, Reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
Now your, Samsung galaxy S3 I9300 will boot and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait while the device reboots.
Now your device is equipped with the latest android 6.0 marshmallow OS. If you want to confirm it yourself, Go to Settings > About phone.