Following the CM12 custom ROM, the CM13 is now ready to install the Android 6.0 marshmallow on your Samsung galaxy s4 mini. Being the best in the custom ROMs, the Cyanogen released its version of the Android 6.0 upgrade for the Samsung Galaxy s4 mini. It consists of some new features alongside with some problem fixes. In this guide on How to Install Android 6.0 CM13 Nightly Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9190, you will get a complete idea to upgrade your smartphone os to the latest Android release.
You May also check:
- How To Update XXUFNF3 Android 4.4.2 Official Firmware On Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500
- How To Install X-Note Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM On Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005
- Be sure to Backup all your Important Files, Apps contacts, call logs and SMS. Read our AndroidBackup guide.
- Be sure to charge your phone at least 85%. (If the battery Drops during the installation procedure, It may badly affect the Phone). Know the exact battery status.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging. Read How to enable USB debugging mode on Android.
Disclaimer: Thetechhcaker will not be Responsible for any damages occurring to your device during the process. Be careful when doing all these steps. Carefully follow them to avoid any damages or misconfigurations. You may also take help from someone who is an expert in custom ROM installation.
How to Install Android 6.0 CM13 Nightly Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9190
- Download Android 6.0 CM13 Nightly ROM and Google Apps for your device.
- Then, Connect and mount your Galaxy S4 Mini USB memory on your PC using a USB connector.
- Copy/paste the downloaded Android 6.0 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to The Root folder of the SD card.
- Now, Turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
- To get in the Recovery Mode. Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button to select options while in the Recovery Mode.
- Perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- It is optional, but recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. For this, From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Then, Select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 6.0 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button.
- Now, Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure might start now.
Now, Google Apps?
- Again Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
- After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now”.
Now, you Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 will boot. It will take some time to perform the first boot. So, be patient.
Now, Your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini now have Android 6.0 CM13 Nightly Marshmallow custom ROM installed. Go to Settings > About phone to verify it yourself.