Cyanogen modes are releasing for each and every device over the days. Now, it is out for the HTC Nexus 9 also. The stable custom ROM release comes with some bug fixes and some features added. In this guide on How to install CM13 nightly 6.0 marshmallow on HTC Nexus 9, we are guiding you through the complete step by step process of upgrading your HTC Nexus 9 firmware to the latest android 6.0 marshmallow OS. So, Follow the steps below to upgrade or install the latest firmware on your device.
You May also like:
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 MMB29K on Nexus 9 Marshmallow Update
- How to Install Android 6.0 Frank N4 Marshmallow Custom Firmware on Nexus 4
- Be sure to Backup all your Important Files, Apps contacts, call logs and SMS. Read our AndroidBackup guide.
- Be sure to charge your phone at least 85%. (If the battery Drops during the installation procedure, It may badly affect the Phone). Know the exact battery status.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging. Read How to enable USB debugging mode on Android.
Disclaimer: Thetechhcaker will not be Responsible for any damages occurring to your device during the process. Be careful when doing all these steps.
How to Install CM13 Nightly 6.0 Marshmallow on HTC Nexus 9
- To Begin the Process, Download CM13 Nightly 6.0 ROM and Google Apps for Nexus 9 to your computer.
- Connect and mount your Nexus 9 USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
- Copy/paste the downloaded 6.0 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your SD card. Make sure the files are in the SD card root folder.
- Turn OFF your tablet and disconnect from the USB connector.
- To get in the Bootloader Mode. Turn ON the tablet while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Carefully follow the navigation instructions on the screen.
- Now, Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
- Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
- Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- It is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the 6.0 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button.
- Then, Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
14. Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your tablet.
15. After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the tablet by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
Now, your Nexus 9 will boot and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
Your Nexus 9 should now have CM13 Nightly 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM installed. Go to Settings > About tablet to verify.