CM13 brings the latest android 6.0 marshmallow OS to the HTC one M9. The official releases are not on the market, thus, the custom ROMs are the only way to get the latest android platforms on your device. Thus, CM13 brings it to you. In this guide on How to install CM13 nightly android 6.0 marshmallow on HTC one M9, we are giving a complete guide to upgrade your smartphone os to the latest android marshmallow. Follow us carefully to upgrade your OS successfully.
You May also check:
- How to Install crDroid Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on HTC One M7
- How to Install Android 6.0 S-ROM Marshmallow on HTC One M8
- Be sure to Backup all your Important Files, Apps contacts, call logs and SMS. Read our AndroidBackup guide.
- Be sure to charge your phone at least 80 or 85%. (If the battery Drops during the installation procedure, It may badly affect the Phone). Know the exact battery status.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging. Read How to enable USB debugging mode on Android.
Disclaimer: Thetechhcaker will not be Responsible for any damages occurring to your device during the process. Be careful when doing all these steps.
How to Install CM13 Nightly Android 6.0 Marshmallow on HTC One
NOTE: ADB and Fastboot must be configured on your PC. To do this Read our guide on How to Set Up ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK.
- First of all, Download CM13 Nightly Android 6.0 ROM and Download Google Apps for HTC One M9 to your computer
- Extract boot.img from the zip file separately.
- Then Connect and mount your HTC One M9 USB mass memory on your computer using the USB connectoor cable.
- Copy and paste the downloaded Android 6.0 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your SD card. Make sure the files are in the SD card root folder.
- Now, Copy paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Turn OFF your phone.
- To get in the Bootloader/Fastboot Mode. Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons.
- Once in the Fastboot mode (on your phone), navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory (on your computer) and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Type the following command and press Enter. fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Then, type the following command and press Enter. fastboot reboot
- Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
- Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
- Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- This is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 6.0 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button.
- Confirm the installation on the next screen to start the installation procedure.
Now, Google Apps?
17. Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
18. After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
Your device will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your One should now have CM13 Nightly Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.