Are you still using those static desktop backgrounds in your computer? Want a difference from the usual look and feel of your desktop? How it would be if you got your favorite videos playing on your desktop background? Instead of those statically stuck backgrounds which don’t make you comfy on your computer, set those moving frames on the background. Setting video as the desktop background will make your desktop some more attractive than any time before. There are many softwares available on the market that help you set a video wallpaper on your desktop. But, the things are not that much difficult.
You may also like:
Setting a video as a wallpaper is not a big thing which can’t be done by you. You don’t need any softwares or professional skills to do so. In this article on How to Set Video as Desktop wallpaper, we are discussing the method to set a video as the wallpaper of your desktop by using our all time favorite VLC Media Player. So, let’s have a look at the steps to do so.
How to Set Video as Desktop Wallpaper using VLC Media Player
To set video wallpapers in your desktop background, just follow the simple steps given below.
- Open VLC Media Player.
- Navigate to Tools -> Preferences.
- While on the Preferences windows, click on the “Video” button on the left.
- Now, select “DirectX video output” from the drop-down list near to Output option.
- Click “Save” button before exiting and then restart VLC.
- Now, play a video that you want to set as the wallpaper.
- Right-click on the VLC screen.
- Select “Video”, then “DirectX Wallpaper”.
- If you’re using Windows Aero Theme (especially in Windows 7), you may get the warning message as seen below and the theme will be reverted to the basic version.
- Now, the selected video will be playing on your Desktop background.
All set and your video will be playing in the background of your desktop and you might be enjoying it. What about once you want to revert the original static images on your background? If the playing videos on the background disturbing you in your work, you may revert it to the normal wallpapers. Follow the simple steps given below to revert your background to the original wallpaper mode.
How to Revert to the Original wallpaper mode
- Click “Video” option in the main menu of the VLC.
- Uncheck the “DirectX Wallpaper” option.
- Close out of VLC.
- If the wallpaper not reverted to the default, you might fo it yourself. To do that right click on the desktop and select your theme.
Now, your wallpaper will be reverted to the default as it was before. You could again set the video as wallpaper or make it the static ones as you prefer.
Hope you enjoyed this article on “How to Set Video as Desktop Wallpaper using VLC Media Player“. If so, let us know that through your comments. We are always happy to see your finger marks there.