M4A! Developed and generalized by tech giant Apple in 2007, the m4a (MPEG-4 Audio) file format isn’t as versatile as its counterpart, the mp3. Owing primarily to the fact that the m4a cannot be accepted by most devices and media players, it has to be converted to wav format using different methods and media converters. The conversion process, however, is similar to converting Mkv to mp4. So, have a look at how to convert M4A to WAV.
Convert M4A to WAV using free online converters
Here are some cool ways to convert m4a files to wav using free online converters.
- Visit OnlineConvert. Select the “Choose File” button > upload your m4a file > click on the “Convert file” button > wait for the conversion to be completed > Download your file free of charge.
- Visit ZamZar. Navigate to Step 1 and click on the “Choose Files” > select the m4a files you’d like to convert > on step 2, select wav as the format to convert to > on Step 3, enter your email address if you’d like to receive the converted files in your email inbox > Click the “Convert” button on Step 4 > Download.
- Visit ConvertIo. Navigate to the red bar on the page and click on “From Computer” > Select and upload your m4a files > Wait for the conversion to complete > Download your file. You can save to Dropbox or Google Drive by clicking their respective icons on the page.
Convert using the iTunes app for PC
Being a popular file format on iTunes, one can convert m4a to wav files using the iTunes app. This process is similar to converting mp4 to mp3.
- Download and install the iTunes app.
- Launch the program. You need to set the preferences that would enable you to convert your files. Navigate to Edit > Preferences > General.
- Click the “Import Settings” button > Select WAV encoder > OK > Click OK again.
- Select the m4a music on the playlist you’d like to convert to wav > Navigate to File menu > Convert > Create WAV Version. The iTunes software will automatically convert and create the new wav
Convert using the Apowersoft Video Converter Studio Software for PC
Download and install the Apowersoft Video Converter Studio from here.
- Launch the application.
- Navigate to the menu bar and click the “+ Add files” button to select the m4a file you’d like to convert.
- Under the Profile section, select Audio > WAV as output format.
- Choose a destination folder > click Convert.