Sometimes in the course of your work with Adobe programs like Photoshop and Illustrator, you’d want to transfer your designs on Photoshop to Illustrator, but you simply don’t recall how to do it. Well, this tutorial will refresh your memory to that effect.
By the way, here’s how to convert your PNG files to Vector.
Convert PSD to AI Using Free Online Converters
- Visit ConvertIO – Navigate to and click the “From Computer” link on the red bar and select your PSD files > Click “Convert” > Download your files when the conversion is complete.
- Visit ConversionCat – Click the “Choose Files” button and select the PSD files from your computer > select “ai” from the drop down menu under the “Extensions Available” section > enter your email address > Click “Convert”.
- Visit Files-Conversion – Click “Select a file” and choose your PDF files > choose “AI (ps based Adobe Illustrator 5.0) (.ai)” under the “Convert to” section > click the “Convert” button and download your files when the conversion is complete.
Convert by importing PSD to Illustrator
You can also convert your PSD to AI by importing the PSD files into Illustrator.
- Launch Adobe Illustrator on your computer, then navigate to the “File” menu > open a new document by clicking “New”.
- Navigate to the “File” menu again > select “Open” and open your PSD file > then save it as an AI file.
To convert/import an editable PSD file into “AI” Illustrator,
- Navigate to the “File” menu > click “Place” > then choose your PSD file.
- Click “Place”. Ensure that the “Link” option is not selected > then select either “Convert Layers to Objects” or “Flatten Layers to a Single Object”.
Convert using reaConverter Software
Download and install reaConverter, then launch the program.
- Navigate to and click the “+add files” button near the top-left corner of the program’s screen and add your PSD files (add multiple PSD files if need be since the software supports batch conversion)
- Click the “Savings Option” tab and choose a destination folder for your AI files. Choose “Same as source folder” to save in the same folder, then click “Save”.
- Navigate to the bottom panel and under the “Convert to” section, click the “+” button and select “AI” as the format to convert to.
- Click the “Start” button to the bottom-right corner of the screen and your PSD files will be converted to AI.
Now you remember, don’t you?