As a graphics designer, the PSD file format may not be a new thing, but to non-Photoshop users, most of whom may not have the application installed on their computer, they’ll surely wonder what the heck it is??? Sending samples of your work might then become a headache.
There’s always a solution, however, as you can convert those PSD designs into a PDF document before sending it to the client.
Here’s how to do it…
Convert PSD to PDF using free online converters
Choose from a plethora of free online converters. Make sure you’ve saved the Photoshop document.
- Visit CloudConvert. Click on the “Select Files” button and choose the PSD files of your work > Click on “Start Conversion” and download your files when the conversion is complete. You can convert more than one file at a time.
- Visit ConvertIO. Click the “From Computer” link on the red bar and choose the PSD file you’d like to convert > hit the “Convert” button, and download the files when the conversion is complete.
- Visit CovnertImage. On step one, choose “PDF” as output format > on step two, Click the “Select your image” button to choose the PSD file from your computer > Click the “No” slider button to select “Yes” and click “Convert this image”. Download your PDF when the conversion is complete.
- Visit ZamZar – Click the “Choose Files…” and select your PSD files, then choose “PDF” as the format to convert to under step 2 > enter your email address to receive the download link in step 3 > then click the “Convert” button.
- Visit PDFConvertOnline. Click on the “Choose File” button and select your PSD file > Click the “Convert Now!” button, and download your PDF files when the conversion is complete.
- Visit AConvert. Click the “Choose File” button and select the PSD files > Click the “Convert Now!” button. Download the file when the conversion is complete.
- Visit CoolUtils. Click on the “+Select Files” button and chose your PSD files > then select “PDF” as the format to convert to under the “Set convert options” section > Click the “Download Converted File” when the conversion is complete.
- Visit OnlineConvert. Click the “Choose File” button and select your PSD file > then click the “Convert” button to begin the conversion process and download your PDF file when the conversion is complete.
Convert using Adobe Photoshop
Instead of going through a lot of hassles converting with various software online and offline, simply use the inbuilt PDF saving feature in Adobe Photoshop. When you’re done with your work and you’ve probably saved it,
- Navigate to and click the “File” menu > select “Save As” and enter a new file name.
- Under the “Save as type” field, select the “Photoshop PDF *.PDF,*.PDP)” option > then click “Save”.
Pretty easy, wasn’t it?
Now, you wouldn’t be so worried about sending samples of your work to prospective clients, would you?