For professionals in the field of architecture, interior designing, as well as engineering to mention a few, the AutoCAD software makes the job easy to some extent. But then comes the issue of sending samples to clients who may not have AutoCAD installed on their computer. The only way to do that is to convert your AutoCAD’s DWG files to PDF.
Here’s a step by step guide.
Convert CAD file to PDF using free online tools
Choose any of the following online converters.
- ConvertPDFtoAutoCAD – Navigate to and click the “Choose File” button and select the AutoCAD file from your computer > Enter your email address and click “Send”.
- ZamZar – Click the “Browse” button and select the AutoCAD Dwg file from your computer > choose “pdf” on step 2 > Enter your email address and click “Convert Now”.
- CoolUtils – Navigate to and click on the “Select files…” button and choose your AutoCAD files > choose “PDF” on step 2 > and click the “Download Converted File” button to download the PDF file. Insert notes in the PDF header and footer from the “Header & Footer” section.
Convert using Adobe Acrobat Pro
Download and install the Adobe Acrobat Pro software from Adobe.
- Launch the application, navigate to the “File” menu > select “Create PDF” > choose “PDF From File”.
- Locate the AutoCAD DWG file on your computer > Select “Open”. Adjust any settings you deem necessary.
- Click “OK”. Wait for Adobe Acrobat to finish rendering the file.
- Navigate to the “File” menu and select “Save As” > enter a file name > Click “Save”.
Convert using DMG Gateway
Download and install DMG from here. Launch the application.
- Open the AutoCAD drawing you’d like to convert to PDF and navigate to the “File” menu > select “Plot”.
- Under the Printer/Plotter section of the dialogue box that appears, click the drop-down button and select “DWG To PDF.pc3”.
- Hit the “OK” button and enter the file name for your PDF > choose a destination folder.
- Click the “Save” button.