Editing documents on a daily basis is a job millions across the world do, sometimes in collaboration with others. And with the increasing number of people using Google services such as Google docs, document editing is gradually shifting from one of its traditional apps, Microsoft Office to its online version, Google Docs.
Check This Out ===> How to Convert PDF to Word
So next time you’re on the go, you can simply convert your Microsoft Word documents to Google Doc formats using any of the following ways.
Convert Word to Google Doc using Google Drive on Computer
If you have the Google Chrome browser installed on your computer, launch it, then
- Navigate to the top-left corner of the screen, click “Apps” > then click “Google Drive”. Sign in with your Google account details.
- Navigate to the top right corner and click the “Settings” icon > select “Settings” > then tick the box “Convert uploaded files to Google Docs editor format” > Click “Done” on the top right corner.
- Navigate to the top left corner and click the “New” button > choose “File Upload” or “Folder Upload”. For file upload, select various files to upload for conversion, and for folder upload, ensure that you’ve moved all the word document files into a folder on your computer, then select the folder.
Excel Spreadsheets will be converted to Google Sheets document format, and so will PowerPoint and Word documents which are converted to Google Slides and Google Docs documents respectively.
Wait! Learn how to convert your Excel to PDF!
To download the uploaded file from Google Drive in another format, e.g. Word to PDF,
- Open the file by double-clicking on it.
- Navigate to the “File” menu > select “Download as” and click the format of your choice. The download will start automatically after a few seconds.