WhatsApp Groups are a fun way to spend some time. To hang out with your friends in the virtual world, the contributions of the WhatsApp Groups are not that small. Anyhow, the same groups can be irritating sometimes. It may put you in a decision even to delete the group to get rid of the unwanted messages. If you are in such a condition and wanted to delete WhatsApp group easily, this article can help you to do it. Follow the instructions carefully to completely remove WhatsApp group and its data within a couple of minutes.
Delete WhatsApp Group (Old Method – No longer working)
There was an old method probably the easiest one to erase WhatsApp groups. But sadly, it is no longer working, and the process became a little time taking. So, if this is not working for you, jump into the next section.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to the Chats tab.
- Tap and hold on the group name that you want to remove.
- Tap the Trash can icon.
To Delete WhatsApp Group
This is the current working method to delete WhatsApp Group. It is super-simple, but a little time taking especially for larger groups with numerous members.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to Chats Tab and tap on the group that you want to remove.
- Now, tap on the group name on the upper bar.
- Here, remove the participants by tapping and holding on them and choosing the “Remove” option.
- After removing all of the group members, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap on “Exit Group.”
- Now, you will be out of the group but in order to completely remove the group, again enter the group from the chats tab and at the bottom tap on an option saying “Delete Group.”
- That’s it; now you have successfully removed the WhatsApp group.