iOS 10.2 is already running on many iOS devices, and now it is the time for Jailbreak. If you want to know what is a jailbreak and advantages and disadvantages of the Jailbreak you can refer our old articles. Apart from its negatives, Jailbreak is loved by everyone. Many people like to install Cydia app to get most of from the device. A jailbroken iOS device lets you change its appearance completely. Also, it allows you to install third-party apps which are not authorized by Apple.
Luca Todesco created the Jailbreak for the iOS 10.2 version, and it is named as Yalu102. However, this Jailbreak is limited to certain devices only. It is not compatible with iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Pro, iPod Touch 6G, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, and iPad Air. If you have a device the iPhone 5S and above you can try this method to jailbreak your device.
Note: Jailbreaking iOS devices is not supported by Apple. It voids your device warranty, and you will not receive further software updates from the company. We provided this guide for educational purpose only. We are not responsible if your device broke during the procedure.
Pre-Requisites for Jailbreak iOS 10.2:
- iOS device running on 10.2 version
- Latest version of iTunes installed on PC or Mac
- Cydia Impactor compatible with PC or Mac.
- Yalu102 IPA file
How to Jailbreak iOS 10.2 – Detailed Guide
After updating required software’s and downloading files, now it is the time to start jailbreaking procedure for iOS 10.2
Before starting the jailbreaking iOS 10.2, you have to do a couple of things for the extra safety.
- Take a complete backup of the device using iTunes or iCloud.
- Disable Passcode and TouchID. Go to “Settings -> TouchID & Passcode -> Turn Passcode Off“.
- Turn off Find my iPhone. Go to “Settings -> iCloud -> Find My iPhone“
iOS 10.2 Jailbreaking Step by Step Guide
- Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac using cable.
- Now launch Cydia Impactor. Make sure your device is visible on the Cydia Impactor screen.
- In this step drag and drop the Yalu102 IPA file onto the Cydia Impactor screen.
- In this step, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID credentials. Enter your details in the boxes.
- After entering details, the Impactor authorize the device and starts the installing Yalu102 IPA file.
- Once the process is completed, you can see Yalu102 app installed on your device.
- Now, go to Settings -> General -> Device Management.
- Here, Trust the email by tapping on the Apple ID.
- Now, launch the Yalu102 app, and tap on “Go.”
- After tapping on the Go, the device will restart.
- After reboot, now you will see Cydia icon on the Home screen.
- That’s it; now you have a jailbroken iOS 10.2 device.
By following above steps, you can jailbreak iOS 10.2 devices easily. We give the guide for educational purpose only.
How is your experience with Jailbreaking? Please do share your feedback, comments, and queries below.
- An Easy Way To Download and Install vShare On iOS Devices
- Best Installaous Alternatives For IPA Installations