Online security is very important because hackers became very active these days. Many types of attacks are created to hack users accounts. For this reason, Apple and Microsoft introduced two step verification for their accounts respectively. Twitter followed the footsteps of Apple and Microsoft and launched two-step verification to its accounts. To enable two-factor authentication just follow these simple steps.
Steps to follow for Setting Up Two-Factor Authentication For Twitter Account
- First, sign in to Twitter and click on the Gear icon on the top right side.
- Next scroll down to ‘Account Security’ (If you haven’t added a phone to your account, the Require a verification code to sign in option will be inactive.)
- Add phone number and then select your carrier.
- You need to send a message to the given number on the screen.
- Return to the Settings page. The ‘Require a verification code when I sign in’ option will now be active.
- Now Twitter will send you a message to verify your phone.
- Click ‘Yes’ when asked if you’ve received your code, and re-enter your Twitter password to complete the set-up process.
- When you next time log into twitter account, you will receive a six-digit code on your phone that you will have enter to sign in, after entering your password.