Mediafire a most popular cloud storage service, most of us use this service for easy file sharing. Mediafire brings a much simpler solution to upload and manage files with the Desktop solution for Windows & Mac. Mediafire Desktop comes with features like similar sync ability in Dropbox and Google Drive with 50GB of cloud space.
Mediafire Desktop app is available for download, but it is in beta. If you’re an early adapter, check the source below to download. MediaFire Desktop runs on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and OS X operating systems from 10.6 to 10.9.
- Instantly Share files directly from your desktop via Facebook, Gmail, and Twitter
- Automatic Audio & Video Transcoding
- SSL access
- Sharing Permissions
Cloud storage is now growing to become the big thing in the tech industry. It offers a storage solution to many users that’ both safe and convenient to use. There are many companies that are leading in this industry and one of them definitely has to be MediaFire. Many people use their cloud storage service because it offers easy file sharing to them.
In a bid to make it easier for their clients, the company just released a beta version of their desktop client. This desktop client is meant for Windows and Mac OS X users. The free version of the program gives users up to 50 GB of free storage (which is far from its competitors such as Google Drive and DropBox).
Detailed Features of the MediaFire Desktop Client
There are some features that you can enjoy from this beta release, and they are as follows:
- Instant Sharing: Sharing files from your desktop has now become easier with the desktop client. Sharing can be done via Facebook, Gmail, and Twitter. There is no need to go through the site, you can now do it directly.
- Automatic Audio and Video Transcoding: The desktop client allows you to enjoy your audio and video in the best format possible. This program will let you download the audio and video in the optimum format for your device.
- Sharing Permissions: The desktop client also allows you to set the amount/level of access that your contacts have on the files and folders that you share. This ensures that people don’t overstep their boundaries when it comes to how they handle your files.
There are some extra features such as SSL everywhere which has extended SSL access on many of the features that the cloud storage company offers. On top of that, you can also choose to add storage in case the free version isn’t enough for you. MediaFire currently offers 100GB at $29.88 per year, which is definitely cheaper than what the competition has to offer.
According to the official blog, this desktop client is the culmination of a vision that the team had to make MediaFire to become the best online and storage and file sharing service in the world. This program is meant to help using the service easier for many of the users. Truth be told, the app does offer a lot and is definitely going to be adored by those that use the service.
Keep in mind that this is a beta version, so there are going to be some bugs that’ll need fixing. The good news is that the team behind this program remain committed and are set to release additional features together with bug fixes to patch up the app.
You can choose to download the desktop client now in its beta version, or you could wait for the official release of the app. Do you use MediaFire? What do you think about the desktop client? We’d like to hear from you in the comments section below.
Via MediaFire Blog.