Google Nexus 5 user tasted the KitKat 4.4.3 Android OS flavor recently. Android 4.4.3 is not huge in terms of features and mostly has bug fixes but that’s no reason to not want to update to it. The users who wants to root their device on KitKat 4.4.3 on Nexus 5 device can now root easily.
1.First backup all your contacts, call logs and SMS.
2.Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging in your device.
Rooting guide for Nexus 5 on Android 4.4.3 KitKat Firmware
- First download the TWRP Recovery image for Nexus 5 and ADB files in your computer. Fastboot (Win, Mac and Linux)
- After downloading extract the ADB and Fastboot zip file in a folder called “android” and rename the TWRP image file to “nexus5.image”
- Now, boot your Nexus 5 Android phone in the boot loader mode. Turn Off your phone and press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button simultaneously to enter the device in the boot loader mode.
- Connect your Nexus 5 to the computer with USB cable and open terminal / command prompt from the “Android” folder by pressing “Win + R” and then enter “cmd” to hit on enter.
- Now enter the command “fastboot devices” in cmd.
To check your device successfully rooted or not install the Root Checker App from Google Play Store.