Samsung Galaxy Star S5280 Android smartphone with features like TFT capacitive touchscreen, 65K colors, 1 GHz Cortex-A5, Mali-300 GPU and 2 MP, 1600 x 1200 pixels camera. Now the users of Galaxy Star Duos S5282 can update their phones to the latest XXANF4 Android 4.1.2 firmware officially released by Samsung. The installation procedure don’t require any custom recovery or root. Follow this simple guide to how to install Galaxy Star Duos S5282 XXANF4 Android 4.1.2 official firmware.
- First backup all your contacts, call logs and SMS.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging in your device.
Installation guide for XXANF4 Android 4.1.2 Official Firmware update on Galaxy Star Duos S5282
1.Download Android 4.1.2 XXANF4 Firmware and ODIN on your desktop.
2.Power off your device and open it into download mode by pressing and holding volume down+power buttons together.
3.After pressing buttons the device shows the Samsung logo or the Android Robo.
5.Now open ODIN on your computer and connect Galaxy Star Duos S5282 to your computer while the tablet is in the Download Mode.
6.If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number.
7.Now choose downloaded files to install on your tablet.
- Click on ‘PDA’ / ‘AP’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name or the only firmware file in the package.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
8.In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options, now click on the start button in ODIN to start the installation procedure. (Check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.)
9.After successful flash/install the firmware the device will restart. Unplug the phone from your computer.
For the confirmation go to Settings>>About phone to verify the firmware update.