OnePlus One users and CyanogenMod fans has a good news. Finally, the CyanogenMod 12S Android lollipop update is available for the OnePlus one users. In this guide you can update your OnePlus One device easily with CyanogenMod 12S custom ROM.
The latest news is the rollout for the Cyanogen OS 12 update has finally begun, bringing Lollipop to OnePlus One users worldwide.
If you can’t wait for the OTA update, this guide is a worth to look.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Thetechhacker will not be responsible if your device gets damaged during the process.
- First backup all your contacts, call logs and SMS.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging in your device.
How To Install CyanogenMod 12S On OnePlus One Android
- Download the CyanogenMod 12S Android Lollipop Zip file for Oneplus one here and move the downloaded ZIP file on the phone.
- Now turn of your Oneplus one and boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power button.
- Here on the TWRP main menu perform a full data wipe by selecting “Wipe” by swiping factory reset.
- Now head over to the main recovery screen and select “Install”.
- Now select “choose zip from internal memory”. and go to the CyanogenMod 12S ROM zip file that you copied to device and select it.Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
- Now the phones will take at least 5 minutes time for the first boot after firmware update.
Enjoy! Now your phone is running on CM12S Android Lollipop.