If you own an HTC One M8 smartphone, This guide on How to Install Android 6.0 S-ROM Marshmallow on HTC One M8 will definitely help you. The S-ROM is the official HTC custom firmware and they say that it is the most stable version of android with HTC devices. In this definitive guide, we are teaching you How to Install Android 6.0 S-ROM Marshmallow on HTC One M8. Follow these simple steps given below to completely upgrade your HTC One M8 firmware to the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS.
Disclaimer: The whole risk of the complete process is completely up to you. Thetechhacker will not have any responsibility to any damages caused to your phone during the process.
- Make sure to Backup all your Important Files, Apps contacts, call logs and SMS.
- Make sure to charge your phone at least 80-85%. (If the battery drops, It may badly affect the Phone)
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging.
How to Install Android 6.0 S-ROM Marshmallow on HTC One M8 – Step by Step Instructions
- First of all Download Android 6.0 S-ROM ROM for HTC One M8 to your PC.
- Extract boot.img from the zip file separately.
- Then, Connect and mount your HTC One M8 USB memory to your computer using the USB Connector.
- Copy the downloaded Android 6.0 ROM zip file to your phone memory / SD card. Make sure the file is in the phone memory / SD card root (not in any folder).
- Then Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Turn OFF your phone and disconnect it from the USB Connector.
- Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons to enter the Bootloader mode.
- Once in the Fastboot mode (on your phone), navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-toolsdirectory (on your computer) and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Type the following command and press Enter.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Then, type the following command and press Enter.
- Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button. Then swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
- Now go back to the main menu and then tap on the ‘Install’ button. From the list, choose theZIP file that you copied to your phone memory in Step 3.
- Confirm installation on the next screen by swiping on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option. The installation procedure should start now.
- Once the installation is completed, you will be shown a similar screen like the following:
- Tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button if you get into any boot loops or other issues.
- You can now reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your HTC One M8 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time after flashing a new ROM. So, be patient.
Your HTC One M8 should now have Android 6.0 S-ROM Marshmallow custom ROM installed! Go to Settings > About phone to verify it.