Sony Xperia Z3 is such a sweet smartphone to have in your pocket. Then what about the OS in it. Are you using the old buggy OS still now?. The most stable version of the Android 6.0 marshmallow OS is out for the Z3 too. In this article on How to install android 6.0.1 CyanogenMod 13 marshmallow on sony xperia z3, we are guiding you through the completely upgrade and custom root process of your Sony xperia z3. Follow the complete step by step guide to get us completely.
You May also check:
- Make sure to Backup all your Important Files, Apps contacts, call logs and SMS.
- Make sure to charge your phone at least 80-85%. (If the battery Drops, It may badly affect the Phone)
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging.
Disclaimer: Thetechhcaker will not be Responsible for any damages occurring to your device during the process. Be careful when doing all these steps. Carefully follow them to avoid any damages or misconfigurations. You may also take help from someone who is an expert in custom ROM installation.
How to Install Android 6.0.1 CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow on Sony Xperia Z3
- To start the process, Download CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0.1 ROM for Sony Xperia Z3 to your computer.
- Then, Extract boot.img from the zip file.
- Connect and mount your Sony Xperia Z3 USB memory on your computer using the USB connector.
- Copy/paste the downloaded Android 6.0.1 ROM zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root.
- Then, Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Turn OFF your device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button while connecting it again with the USB cable. Your phone LED will turn blue and it will get into the Bootloader Mode.
- Once in the Fastboot mode (on your phone), navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory (on your computer) and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Type the following command and press Enter. fastboot flash boot boot.img.
- Then, type the following command and press Enter. fastboot reboot.
- Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons a few times when you see the LED light turn pink or any other color.
- Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
- Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- It is strongly recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache for avoiding any boot loops or any other errors. To do this From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 6.0.1 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button.
- To start the installation, just confirm the installation on the next screen.
- After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
The Xperia Z3 will boot now, and it might take some time to boot because it is the first boot after os installation. So be patient for some time.
Now, Your Xperia Z3 is equipped with the Android 6.0.1 CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow custom ROM installed. Go to Settings > About phone to verify it yourself.