crDroid arrives for the HTC one M7 with the latest Android 6.0 marshmallow OS. The stable release can upgrade the current OS to a new one with some great features like call blacklist, AdBlocker, Don’t Disturb Mode and custom build Ambient Backlight control. Read this guide on ‘How to install crdroid android 6.0.1 marshmallow on HTC one m7’ to get an exact idea of upgrading your firmware. Follow the simple steps given below to make the installation process a success.
You May also check:
- How to Install Android 6.0 S-ROM Marshmallow on HTC One M8.
- How To Root HTC Desire 816 On KitKat 4.4.2 Android Firmware-Guide
- How to Install crDroid Android 6.0 Marshmallow on HTC One M7
- Be sure to Backup all your Important Files, Apps contacts, call logs and SMS. Read our AndroidBackup guide.
- Be sure to charge your phone at least 85%. (If the battery Drops during the installation procedure, It may badly affect the Phone). Know the exact battery status.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging. Read How to enable USB debugging mode on Android.
Disclaimer: Thetechhcaker will not be Responsible for any damages occurring to your device during the process. Be careful when doing all these steps. Carefully follow them to avoid any damages or misconfigurations. You may also take help from someone who is an expert in custom ROM installation.
How to Install crDroid Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on HTC One M7
- To start the procedure, Download crDroid Android 6.0.1 ROM for HTC One to your computer and extract boot.imgfrom the zip file separately. Download Google Apps as well.
- Connect and then, mount your HTC One USB memory on your computer using the USB connecting cable.
- Copy and paste the downloaded Android 6.0.1 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your SD card root folder.
- Then Copy/paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Turn OFF your smartphone.
- Get in the Bootloader or Fastboot Mode by Turning ON the device while pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons.
- Once you are in the Fastboot mode (on your phone), navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory (on your computer) and open Command Prompt by pressing Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Type this command and press Enter. fastboot flash boot boot.img.
- Then, type the following command and press Enter. fastboot reboot.
- Carefully follow the navigation instructions on the screen.
- Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
- Then, Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, Perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”.
Note: Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
- Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- It is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well because, You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. To do this, From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Now, Go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Then, select “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 6.0.1 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button.
- Then, Confirm the installation on the next screen to start the installation.What about the Google Apps?
Repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
- After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery men as shown below.
Your smartphone or phablet will boot now, and it might take some time to boot up. So, please wait.
Hurray!… Your HTC one M7 should now have crDroid Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM. Go to Settings > About phone to verify it yourself.