LG Optimus L70 is no more getting the official updates of the latest android releases. The CM13 brings the latest android 6.0 marshmallow to the device with no substantial changes but some necessary updates and bug fixes. This is a custom ROM which can be installed manually. In this guide on How to install android 6.0 CM13 nightly marshmallow on LG Optimus l70, we teaching you how to upgrade your LG Optimus firmware to the latest android release. Carefully follow the steps below.
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Pure Nexus Project Marshmallow on LG Nexus 4
- How to Install Android 6.0 Pure Nexus Project Marshmallow on LG Nexus 5
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 AICP Marshmallow on LG Nexus 4
- Be sure to Backup all your Important Files, Apps contacts, call logs and SMS. Read our AndroidBackup guide.
- Be sure to charge your phone at least 80%. (If the battery Drops during the installation procedure, It may badly affect the Phone). Know the exact battery status.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging. Read How to enable USB debugging mode on Android.
Disclaimer: Thetechhcaker will not be Responsible for any damages occurring to your device during the process. Be careful when doing all these steps.
How to Install Android 6.0 CM13 Nightly Marshmallow on LG Optimus L70
- To get started, Download Android 6.0 CM13 Nightly ROM and Google Apps for Optimus L70.
- Then, Connect and mount your Optimus L70 USB memory to your computer using the USB connecting cable.
- Copy/paste the downloaded Android 6.0 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your phone memory or SD card root folder.
- Turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
- To get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Power buttons together.
- Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
- Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- It is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 6.0 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
What about the Google Apps
11. Repeat the above step for the Google Apps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
12. After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
The Optimus L70 will boot and it may take more than 5 minutes. So, be patient.
Now, Your LG Optimus L70 should now have Android 6.0 CM13 Nightly Marshmallow custom ROM installed. Go to Settings>About phone to verify.