OctOS proudly presents their flagship firmware for the ASUS Nexus 7 with some new features added. The firmware is a 2012 model which is not far older than the presently available platforms for the device. The bugs were completely rectified in the latest release of the same. OctOS android 6.0.1 Marshmallow was released for so many flagship smartphones and now entered the ASUS warehouses. In this article on How to install OctsOS android 6.0.1 marshmallow on ASUS Nexus 7, we are guiding you through the complete process to install the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS on the ASUS Nexus 7. Carefully follow the steps given below to complete the process without any errors.
You May also like:
- How to Install CM13 Nightly 6.0 Marshmallow on ASUS Nexus 7
- How to Install Android 6.0 Pure Nexus Project Marshmallow on ASUS Nexus 7
- Be sure to Backup all your Important Files, Apps contacts, call logs and SMS. Read our AndroidBackup guide.
- Be sure to charge your phone at least 85%. (If the battery Drops during the installation procedure, It may badly affect the Phone). Know the exact battery status.
- Enable USB debugging mode from Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging. Read How to enable USB debugging mode on Android.
Disclaimer: Thetechhcaker will not be Responsible for any damages occurring to your device during the process. Be careful when doing all these steps.
How to Install OctOS Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on ASUS Nexus 7
- To get started, Download OctOS Android 6.0.1 ROM and Google Apps for Nexus 7 to your computer.
- Connect and mount your Nexus 7 USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
- Copy/paste the downloaded Android 6.0.1 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your SD card. Make sure the files are in the SD card root folder.
- Now, turn OFF your tablet and disconnect from the USB cable.
- Get in the Bootloader Mode by Turning ON the tablet while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Then, follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
- Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
- Perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”.
- It is optional but recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 6.0.1 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button.
- Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
For Google Apps
- Again repeat the above step for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your tablet.
- After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++”.
- At last, Reboot the tablet by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
Your Nexus 7 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
Now, your Nexus 7 should now have OctOS Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM installed. Go to Settings > About tablet to verify it yourself.