If you are an iPhone user, you might have faced an error at least once. Some of the most common errors that an iPhone user may face are the iPhone black screen issue and iPhone crash which is more common. Whatever your issue is, there is always a solution. Today, we are going to look into the possible ways to fix different kinds of iPhone issues. Without further due, let’s dive into the article.
iPhone Black Screen
iPhone black screen or also known as the black screen of death is a very common problem that many iPhone users face. Before attempting any of the following fixes, make sure that your iPhone is not out of battery and is not turned off. I know it sounds stupid, but still, you should make sure of that to avoid any unnecessary procedures that might result in data loss. To fix the iPhone black screen issue, you could try any one of the following fixes. Be aware that, if it is a hardware issue, the following fixes may not work. In that case, only an iPhone technician can help you.
Force Restart your iPhone
Sometimes, your iPhone may become unresponsive. It can be easily fixed by force restarting the device. In order to do that,
- iPhone 6s, iPad, and earlier iPhones: Hold the Power button and Home button at the same time until the Apple logo gets displayed on the screen.
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Power button and Volume Down button at the same time, until the Apple logo gets displayed on the screen.
- iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8: Press Volume Up, then Volume Down, then press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo gets displayed on the screen.
Use dr.fone iOS Repair
dr.fone iOS Repair is a software that can repair many iPhone errors including the black screen of death. It is one of the best tools out there that is extremely easy to use than any of the alternatives. It comes with some unique features that will help you to fix almost any kind of iOS issues such as iPhone stuck on the Apple logo, Stuck in boot loop, iPhone cannot connect to iTunes, etc. Nevertheless to say that it also helps to repair the iPhone black screen problem. To use the software to fix the issue, follow these steps.
- Download and install the software.
- Open dr.fone iOS Repair and Click on “Repair.”
- Connect the Apple device to the computer using a USB/Lightning cable.
- As soon as the software recognizes the device click on “Start.”
- Now, just follow the on-screen instructions provided by the software to put your device on DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode.
- Now on the next screen, provide the information regarding your iPhone such as the device model, firmware update, etc.
- After selecting the appropriate options and providing the necessary details, click on the Download button.
- Wait for the software to complete downloading the selected firmware to your computer.
- As soon as the firmware is downloaded, the software will attempt to repair the iPhone black screen issue. Make sure that the device is connected to the computer all the time.
- After the software fixes the issue, you will be notified with a success message. Now you can remove the device after clicking the Done button or repeat the same process (if the issue is not resolved or during the process, it encountered any errors) by clicking on the Try again button.
If both of the above methods didn’t work for you, you can try restoring your device. You can follow the instructions provided on Apple’s official website based on the type of backup you have. Restoring your device to a previous working state might solve the issue in most of the cases. Make sure that you have a proper backup of your files and data to avoid taking any risk of data loss. If you encounter an error 3194 during the restore, you can refer the last section of this article to fix it.
iPhone crash is yet another common error that almost all of the iPhone users face at some point in time. If your device crashes more often or during gameplay or during any important operations, you might need to find a fix for that. Here we have listed some of the most common fixes.
Using dr.fone iPhone Crash Fix
dr.fone is capable of fixing crashed iPhone. The process of fixing is a pretty easy process if you use dr.fone. Just connect your iPhone to the computer and open dr.fone. Now follow the steps below.
- Once you connected your iPhone, dr.fone shows your iPhone details.
- Now click on the next button to proceed.
- In the next screen, you need to confirm your device details.
- Now, the programs start downloading your iPhone firmware iOS on your computer.
- Once the download finish, the program fixes the crash with a new firmware update.
dr.fone is an all in one tool for many iPhone issues. It can fix the issues like, Red Screen error, could not be restored, stuck on loading screen, white apple logo stuck, the screen of death, boot loop, iTunes connection error, Frozen, Failed to update, stuck in DFU mode, stuck in recovery mode, activation error, and error 3194.
Restart your device
Restarting your iPhone will fix most of the iPhone crashes while the serious ones won’t get fixed. So, the first thing you have to try is restarting your iPhone following the steps given in the previous section based on your device model.
Make sure that the issue is not caused by a certain app
If the crash keeps happening randomly on many applications or while playing different games, there is nothing to suspect except a usual system crash. But, if it keeps happening while using a certain application or while playing a specific game, probably it is a bug. So, if you notice any behavior like this, try uninstalling that application or game and see it if keeps happening. If you found the conflicting application and uninstalled it, just wait for the update that might come with a fix for the issue. If you don’t want to uninstall the application completely, you could also try clearing the app cache or force quitting it.
Update your iPhone
If you are using an old version of the iOS, you should update it to the latest version. It is possible that the newer versions of the application creating conflicts with the older versions of the OS. So, update your device by going to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest version of the OS.
iPhone error 3194
The error 3194 usually means that an unsigned or expired firmware is used on your device. This can happen either during the upgrade or downgrade process of your OS or sometimes even during a restore. To fix this issue, you can follow these steps that will temporarily block Apple’s firmware signing services,
- Quit iTunes on your PC.
- Now, open the hosts file on your computer, in Mac OS X this is /etc/hosts and in Windows, this is c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.
- Right click on the hosts’ file and open it with Administrative privileges.
- Add “208.105.171 gs.apple.com” to the file and save it.
- Now try your firmware update or restore once again.
- After the update or restore is completed, make sure that you remove this line from the file.
So we hope you were able to fix the above-listed issues on your iOS device. If you find any difficulties in the above methods or steps, let us know.